What's your favorite Italian restaurant?

I suppose that if one lives in Italy then the restaurants are not called Italian restaurants :thinking: but either way, in or outside of Italy, do you have a favorite place to go and eat Italian food?
I have to admit, I’m kind of paranoid about eating in restaurants, but for the right kind of food I will put my apprehensions on hold, throw caution to the wind, and let someone other than myself prepare my food.

“Nonna’s” in Edinburgh - it might be called “Nonna’s Kitchen”. I’ve only been once, that was 3 years ago, but next time I go motoring around Scotland I will go again. I had ravioli, the dough of which was made with pumpkin and the sauce was made with roasted shallots, roasted hazelnuts, and gorgonzola cheese. It made an impression.

That ravioli you had sounds delicious. I can imagine it made an impression because it just made an impression on me and all I did was just read about it. It sounds really good. Pumpkin dough used for the ravioli sounds interesting. The shallot and hazelnut combination sounds interesting as well, and one can never go wrong with gorgonzola cheese as far as I’m concerned.

Ravilois (the plural of ravioli?) are a food that I really like. I really want to get into making them fresh because I like the idea of filling them with whatever filling I like, and also making them the size that I want. Almost anytime I buy them ready-made, whether uncooked or cooked, they seem entirely too small. I’m very enthusiastic about getting around to making my own dough, making my own filing, and creating very large ravioli for myself and my family to enjoy.