What's your favorite Italian dessert?

Italians are well known for their absolutely delicious desserts. I mean, who doesn’t love Tiramisu? Or, the world famous Cannoli? Or Amaretti cookies - yumm!

So, what’s your absolute favorite Italian dessert? Is there anything you love in particular or are you still ‘testing’ different Italian desserts?

Mine is Delizia al Limone (Lemon Delight) which is sponge lemon cake filled and topped with a smooth lemon custard, a traditional recipe of the Amalfi Coast. It’s also made with a special type of lemon called Sfusato Amalfitano that only grows on the Sorrento/Amalfi Coast area.

Delizia al limone picture:

The desserts typical of the Neapolitan and Sorrento/Amalfi area (like the one mentioned by @Dan ) are SO yummy! :heart_eyes:

My favourite is SFOGLIATELLA, which literally means “thin leaf/layer” and that was originally created by a nun in a convent. There are two kinds of this pastry: “sfogliatella riccia” (curly) and “sfogliatella frolla”. The one you can see in this photo is a variation of sfogliatella riccia called “lobster tail” which is filled with french cream. :star_struck:

sfogliatella

Omg, I love these!
My all time favorite is the Cannoli.

It’s the first dessert I’ve tasted over here, had no idea what it was though but looked interesting so I had some. Fell ‘in love’ at the first bite!

All. Of. It. I’m a dessert face haha.

But to narrow it down to two, cannoli and tiramisu.

I’m a cannoli fan all the way! They are so rich that just one will do me. I’ve tried making them at home, but they never turn out as good.

I’m a fan of Gelato and its many flavors. The Italians’ passion for this vast array of creamy, fruity, chocolaty mountains of frosty delight seems to have taken hold more universally in the 18th century and unites Italy like nothing else. Most gelato uses less cream and more milk, few or no egg yolks and sometimes only sweetened fruit purees, making it a sorbet or sorbetto.

I am a huge fan of ‘Tiramisu’ and we always make one during special occasions. We usually put mangoes or other fruits inside when we make Tiramisu ourselves. I don’t know how Italians make Tiramisu and I would like to try them out if I visit some Italian restaurants. :yum:

I loved Pasticiotti Or Pasta Ciotti when I was in southern Italy and on Sicily - I think it’s local to the south and is definitely eaten at Easter. It’s a pastry filled with either ricotta cheese or egg custard. American Italians often call them “pusties”.

I really love Tiramisu. The story of how I discovered Tiramisu is actually very funny. I was looking for some desserts on the internet because I was kind of craving when I suddenly saw Tiramisu. Upon knowing its name, I became very interested because I thought it was a japanese dessert because of the name (otaku fan here). After a few days, I and my otaku friends were talking about japanese things when I suddenly introduced the topic about Tiramisu. To my surprise, all of my friends laughed and told me that it wasn’t a japanese dessert but an Italian one. I was really embarrassed that time that I almost promised not to eat Tiramisu. Luckily I was able to eat one and changed my mind afterwards.

I like almost all Italian desserts. I think I might choose Gelato as my overall favorite though. It is so delicious. I also really love a good cannoli, and there is a store not too far from me that makes awesome ones.

My favourite is Tiramisu. Tiramisu takes no time at all to put together and even less time to eat.Living in Italy, I can’t tell you how many times and how many ways I have eaten Tiramisu.
Rich and creamy in texture with hints of espresso, almond and chocolate.
The dessert requires you to separate eggs, make a custard then fold that into another mixture with whipped cream and mascarpone cheese…and that is just the first step. Bottom line, all you need to make a killer tiramisu is fresh heavy dairy cream, mascarpone cheese, sugar and good vanilla.

I’d have to say that out of all the fancy and delicious desserts Italy has to offer, my favorite is probably Granita. Some forms of it are also known as Italian Ice in the United States, but it is originally a dessert from Sicily. It’s a simple, semi-frozen dessert made from water, sugar, and different flavorings such as different fruit juices. It’s delicious treat that reminds me of hot summers as a child. It isn’t all that fancy by any means, but it’s the simplicity that I love. I mainly love it for the texture, as it is basically like an icy with class.

Panna Cotta is a famous Italian dessert which is cooked without baking. I love this dessert because it is delicious and light. Even after a substantial meal, I am always ready to eat it.

A classic panna Cotta is served with strawberries or strawberry jam. There are such variations as caramel, coffee, chocolate, mint, etc.