What are the kinds of transportation Italy has to offer?

I plan to visit soon Italy and I am curious as to what are the kinds of transportation Italy has to offer? Are they mainly using cab, bus or train? If they used all of them, what are your advises with respect to commuting?

I think that most people take the train around the country. In the city most probably travel by cab or even on a moped or something. I don’t think I would be drviing in the cities as I think it is hard to get around.

Well most of country is using a train and bus like Italy also, and within the city there are lots of cab also. You can also check it on online videos about the place in Italy you wanted to visit so that you can have a perfect idea on that place seeing it in real time videos. The technology is almost advance in our generation so you don’t have to worry on that kind of problem, you can search for it online if our advises here won’t reach your expectations. Good luck!

Although I haven’t been all around Italy, but I quite understand the transportation system in Milan.
Getting to Milan from the airport
Many tourists wind up taking a taxi from the airport to Milan’s city center—at a cost of about €100!

Instead, take advantage of the much cheaper, and faster, public transport options.

One great option is the Malpensa Express train, which runs from Milan’s main airport to the Cadorna FN, Stazione Centrale and Porta Garibaldi subway stops (€11 for a one-way ticket; takes about 40 minutes). There also are shuttle buses, like the Malpensa Shuttle to the Malpensa and Linate airports (€16 round trip), Air Bus Linate from the Linate airport to the Stazione Centrale (€9 round trip) and the Orio Shuttle (€5 one way) from the Orio al Serio airport.

Getting around Milan
Milan’s public transport options include the subway, bus and tram. Prices for tickets and passes valid for the subway, bus and tram include €1.50 one way, €4.50 for an unlimited day pass, €11.30 for a weekly pass and €35 for a monthly pass, with further discounts for children, students and senior citizens. Each ticket is valid for 90 minutes (and remember to always validate your ticket in the machine as soon as you step onto the bus or tram!).

Tickets can be purchased at the self-service machines, at newsstands, and at the ATM Point service centers, located in the Duomo, Centrale, Cadorna, Loreto, Romolo and Garibaldi stations.

Ticket collectors are usually dressed in civilian clothing and are constantly checking—be sure to always keep your ticket after validating it on the subway, bus or tram!

Want to get exact directions for how to get from point A to point B? Check out the GiroMilano feature on the ATM website.

Well, it depends on the area you visit. Buses are the most common means of transport in many Italian cities. The ticket costs about 1 euro. Urban buses cover all cities very well.
Cars are recommended in rural areas. The most convenient way to get around the city is by taxi, but this method is not the fastest and rather expensive. In some cases, it will be necessary to pay extra for luggage.

Italy doesn’t have a national bus network the way the United States does with Greyhound – bus companies are regional in Italy. This means that if you’re staying within one region and looking for a cheap way to get around, buses can be excellent. If, on the other hand, you’re trying to travel from one region to another, connecting bus routes when the companies are completely separate can be a huge pain.