What about Italy do you love the most?

What’s your favourite thing about Italy? What draws you to learn more about this fascinating country? Is it the beautiful language, the historical significance of the place? Or simply the weather and beaches? :slight_smile:

I think for me it is the food. I love eating and there are just so many amazing things about Italian food and especially when its authentic. A great glass of wine always gets me as well!

The food is definitely a good enough reason to love this country!
In my case, it was both the beauty of the country, as well as the people. Everyone here knows how to enjoy life! No one is ever too busy to spend time with family or friends, whereas where I come from, the stressful job always came first. Well that’s not ok…

When people are asked to list the best things about Italy, they tend to point out food, art and the way of life, but for me, as an Italian, its true potential lies in VARIETY. In terms of things to visit or enjoy during a vacation, I think Italy lacks nothing.
We have natural itineraries and different environments (sea, mountains, lakes, hills…) which also allow people to try different sports and taste different cuisines (you can find game and fish food within few kms), cultural itineraries (art-cities, WW1 itineraries, Roman ruins, Medieval castles; Venetian villas etc.), spa-towns, rural villages and borghi etc. You just have to choose!

[ https://theroverinleatherjacket.wordpress.com/2016/06/06/how-to-choose-a-holiday-destination-able-to-satisfy-everyone-pick-italy/ ]

Having not been there yet, I would have to say the architecture purely based on what I see in pictures. I have heard mixed things about the food and such but I am sure I will love it. I do look forward to doing a bit of wine tasting.

I’ve recently discovered a few itineraries in the mountains, close to where I live. I have to say, Italian itineraries are amazing! Nature at its best, to say the least :slight_smile:

So far, I’ve discovered few waterfalls by following natural itineraries. I can’t wait to go on my next ‘road trip’ and repeat the experience!

Italy is famous for his tourist places. They really attract visitors to visit those places. Food is also tasty that is another good reason to visit Italy.

It’s true. I think Italy is one of the most visited countries in the world, and it’s thanks to touristy places it got so famous. There is soooo much history here, it’s only normal Italians found a way to “exploit” this advantage :smiley: haha!
And food, yeah, I also agree. Although, one must come here to taste ‘the real deal’. I’ve gone to “Italian restaurants” in other countries before and, yeah, it’s not the same.

I haven’t been to Italy, so I cannot say for sure. But I do love their food, no doubt about that. Italian cuisine is one of my favorite. I love their pizza and spaghetti.

Aside from its beautiful and decorative Roman architecture. I really love their own distinctive style of cuisine. Italian food is incredibly diverse, there are a few characteristics that tie it all together, including an emphasis on fresh and local ingredients. I really love the most famous Italian import of all… pizza, which happens to be one of the most delicious foods on Earth.

I like the overall spirit. It seems that the Italians are always in a mood. They are active, broad-minded, ready to learn something new, like unusual things. Their relations, relationships, and family ties attract me. Their attitude to life, kids, and work is healthy. They are cheerful, open-minded, friendly and like to communicate.

Honestly, I’ve never been to Italy but dreaming to visit the place someday, And the reason why I like to visit the place was to witness what this place could offer the heritage of this culture and the people behind it, the pre-historic and the roman inspired sceneries and buildings that this place has, It’s art , it’s food, it’s fashion sense , the beautiful churches and most of all the people on how Italian live on a daily basis what is life in Italy and what it is more behind Italy… Hoping someday I can fulfill this dreams of mine…

It is the beautiful places and landmarks of Italy. I haven’t been there but I really want to visit there someday because of the gorgeous building and other vistas that tourists can see. I’ve only seen them in video games and movies and I already feel that I will enjoy my stay there.

I love the vivacity of the Italian people. Yes, there’s lots of beautiful places to visit, great food to eat and historical heritage to enjoy. But it’s the peolple who bring it all to life. They can seem to be very loud and pushy to some nationalities, but if you can get over that, you’ll find thay they are warm, welcoming and genuine.

Ah, there are so many things! The history, the culture, the food (that goes without saying for a lot of us, I’m sure!), the warmth and friendliness of the people, the love of the arts, the beauty of the landscapes, the beaches…I feel like I could go on all day about how much I love it. Also, the language alone sounds so romantic and beautiful.

what I love about Italy is its food. This includes how the Italian it their food, how they prepare it and how it is displayed.

Although there are many things to love about Italy, I would say the food is the main draw for me. Well, actually I think it would be food and history equally. You can get great food a lot of places,but great food and great history are unique.