Welcome to Italophile.com

Italophile.com is a community for italophiles, those of us who love Italy and all things Italian, whether you already live in Italy or elsewhere, plan to visit and need info or just want to chat about La Dolce Vita.

Meaning / definition of “italophile”

Thank you for having this great forum. As my username suggests, I love Italy! I am glad there is finally a forum to discuss all the wonderful things in that country. I hope to see many more people in this forum soon. I have a feeling that it won’t take long once the word is out. Congratulations on a great forum!

I agree with Iloveitaly when they say that this is a great forum. As it grows, you will really see just how much people love Italy and everything Italian from the language to the food. Americans are really hooked on the food as there are literally Italian restaurants all over the country. Thanks for having me!

Welcome to you both. Enjoy your stay!

@Postergirl you are right about that. There is a love affair going on between America and Italy, perhaps more special than any other similar relation.

I actually joined because I loved the name and I have some questions I wanted to ask in terms of travel. I am glad I found the place. It may only just be starting out but I already love to see such active and friendly people.

I am planning a trip for January for my wife and I so I am looking forward to getting some questions answered and hopefully getting some help. Some of my questions may seem odd but I am sure you guys can help me out. Very easy to use forum as well. I signed up to another one and I couldn’t even manage an introduction thread!

This looks like a great forum. I’m sure we’ll enjoy each other’s company. It’ll be fun to read what everyone else thinks. We all have unique perspectives.

Hi. I am not from Italy nor an Italian citizen but I joined this forum because I like Italy and its culture, history, people, and of course its food especially pasta and pizza. I’m looking forward to learn new things from other members of this forum and I hope to enjoy posting here as well.

Hello, I was really pleased to find this forum and look forward to getting to know people and making ‘virtual’ friends here over the coming months.

I want to learn more about Italy and, above all, the language. I have started language learning with some online sites and hope to find a class close to where I live.

Berta

Ciao, I am a new member and I’m really glad to be a part of this forum. When I first discovered this forum I was actually a little bit hesitant to join because I was a little bit shy about my small knowledge about Italy. However, because I really wanted to learn something about Italy since it’s part of my bucket list, I decided to just join and now I’m here starting to learn things about Italy. Hope to learn more and be able to have new friends.

Grazie Mille, Bonjaybee :blush:

Hi, I’m Willa and I’m happy to be here. I’ve dabbled in trying to learn to speak Italian on and off for years, but I’m still not fluent. When it comes to learning a language (and other things) I can get really stubborn and refuse to give up, so I’ll continue to try to learn, no matter how long it takes me :slightly_smiling_face:.

I’m looking forward to having nice, entertaining interactions here at this forum, and also looking forward to feeding the love I have for Italian food, culture, art, and music.