The Hermit's Cave at Pienza

This was one of my favorite places that we visited when I was a child. I just love caves anyway. The cave I’m talking about is near Pienza and is called the Romitorio. There are lots of small “rooms” and passages to explore making it great for kids. The sculptures in the rock and the history fills the cultural needs of the more mature visitors.

Has anyone else ever been there?

No, I’ve never been tere but it sounds like my kind of place. Can you explore the caves alone or only via a guided tour. I really do not like guided tours, they require me to listen carefully and concentrate. Too much like school. I’m a bit of a philistine. But, like you, I like caves.

Not only have I never been to this cave before, but I’ve never even heard of it! I’m so glad you brought this up because this is definitely going on my bucket list. It sounds amazing and looks absolutely breathtaking from what I’ve been able to find on Google. Does it make me immature if the small “rooms” and passages make me just as excited as the art and history aspects? I’m fine with it if it does!

Do you remember how much time it took for you to get through everything?

Same as @HustleAndFlorence. I’ve never heard of these caves, so I am glad you mentioned them.