The Economy in Italy

What is the economy like in Italy? With the way it’s going in North America (not so great) is it like that in Italy? Are there still lot’s of job opportunities or no?

Job opportunities aren’t the greatest? But they’re not impossible either I would say.

The pay is pretty respectable and life in Italy isn’t too expensive.

I read an article about Italy’s economy and it went something like this: The north has predominately developed into an industrial type economy with mainly private companies but the less developed, welfare dependent, agricultural south has high unemployment. Just depends on where you are I guess.

That is good to know. The economy in Italy sounds like it’s quite bad just as it is here in North America. People might have to move to different cities in order to get a job that pays well.

From what I know, I think northern Italy is a more prosperous then the southern part. Almost all of the industry is located north as well. Southern Italy is more agriculturally oriented.

Does anyone know if there are human assistance programs in Italy like the food stamp program here in the United States? I was curious based on the poor agriculture population in the South of Italy. I sure hope there is something put in place for those people.

I`m not really sure, but I think they do have a social support system in place for the poorer regions of the country. And also, there are a lot of people selling their produce and making a living out of that, for sure.

Someone told me that there are issues in the country that are being faced by many others. A demand for jobs and not enough to go around. I think this has been an issue since pay raises have been on the rise.

The Italian economy is a robust and healthy economy. In was hit hard during the recent recessions due to various structural problems in its economy being exacerbated by the downtown’s shocks. It also has a significant North-South divide with its North being significantly more wealthier. Despite these problem, various indices show Italy is improving its economy tremendously.

That is good news then sazin! See I heard the opposite. I guess it pays to do your own research. People tend to take something and make it sound a lot worse than it really is.

2017 might be the year with the largest GDP growth for six years, since 2011. It is so far, but there are still some months left until the end of the year.

I was thinking Italy as a whole was rich. But of course, nowadays, with the 2008 crash and all that’s happened since then, things could be vastly different. Anyway, Italy isn’t incredibly large, so I can’t see why the south would be so much more backward than the north and if it is more backward, it’s probably easy for people to leave.

This pretty much sums it up. Although the economical crisis hit Italy hard, the South is still recuperating, while the North is doing a little better right now.

I remember seeing business after business closing their doors a few years back, it was SUCH a sad thing to witness! Utterly, utterly sad!
But now, fortunately, I keep seeing new businesses opening up almost every week! I went for a walk downtown just a couple days ago and saw like, 2 or 3 new shops! My friends and I were like “Hey, this wasn’t here before!”

It seems thins have taken a turn for the better. Let’s hope things will pick up in the near future.

Living expenditure is pretty high, and imho salaries do not scale as high. But it isn’t BAD by any chance, and the government does a pretty good job of not ripping off it’s population.

I read that Italy is divided into a highly-industrialized and developed northern part, where approximately 75% of the nation’s wealth is produced and a less-developed, more agriculture-depended southern part.

Also, unemployment in the north is lower compared to the south.
The unemployment rate has increased constantly in the last seven years. In 2013, it reached 12.5%, which is the highest level on record.

According to statistics that I saw, Italy is the world’s ninth biggest economy. Its economic structure relies mainly on services and manufacturing.

I’m not sure about statistics and such, but lately things seem to be going a lot better. I mean, there are plenty jobs available and, if you’re not qualified, you can always attend a course and study some more, if you’re really interested in working in a certain field.

Although people are still ‘traumatized’ by the recent economic problems, I’m really glad things start to finally move along.