Romeo & Juliet and the Verona

Hello Everyone!

Since most of us or all of us are aware with the famous story of William Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet where the setting was in Verona.
I would like to ask our dear member if what are their experience on this place and is there a chance that you meet your Romeo/Juliet on the said place when you are travelling? How exciting it was to read your sharing. Thank you

I’ve never been to Verona but it’s on my list of places I’d like to go, along with pretty much everywhere else in Italy. I think you’d have to be very lucky (or well, maybe really unlucky given how the story ends) to find your Romeo/Juliet there. But hey, crazier things have happened. What would you like to see in Verona?

Verona is beautiful. I’ve been there twice. I’m a sucker for any place with ancient Roman influences and ruins. There are an amphitheater and an amazing bridge both dating to the 1st century AD. I didn’t meet my Romeo there, probably because the first time I wasn’t looking for him and the second time he was already with me!

If you love The Tragedy of Romeo and Juliet and you want to discover more about the “behind the scenes”, you might find this article interesting https://theroverinleatherjacket.wordpress.com/2016/10/21/castles-romeo-juliet-montecchio-maggiore/

I would love to go to Verona! That’s a great article, @fkasara, thanks for sharing it with all of us. I’m glad to hear that they’ve renovated Juliet’s castle! I think Romeo’s sounds just as interesting. I love that they will only guide you with “trembling candlelight.” I will say though, it’s such a bummer that so many castles are ruins now. I wish I could visit all of the places I’ve read about in historical books and see them as the people in them would have back in the day.

That really is a great article, @fkasara! I’ve always loved Shakespeare. Romeo and Juliet was my favorite when I was younger. I think that’s probably true for a lot of girls. I would love to go to Verona one day! @Griffin, I would have considered that lucky in my younger years, but now I’m pretty glad I never found my Romeo…I’m pretty glad my husband and I are still alive and happy.