Popular food in Italy

The more I read about Italian Cuisine the more I realize I have already had many of these dishes. They may not be authentic but still, it has to be close. Some of the ones I have had and loved are pasta, pizza, risotto and tiramisu. One that I really want to try is scaloppini di vitello which is breaded veal scallops sautéed in olive oil. Sounds delicious. Do you have a favorite Italian dish or is there one you want to try?

My friend went to this place in Sorrento (of course, she can’t remember the name) but they had lightly-breaded baby calamari that she said were absolutely to die for. She even made her family go back there the next night so she could get them again. I’m hoping I’ll be able to find something like that! I’m very interested in trying their seafood dishes. The one you mentioned sounds delicious!

Wow! To go back two days in a row, it must have been good. I am a big fan of calamari so I will have to hunt this restaurant or one like it. If your friend ever remembers the name of this place, please let us know.

Italian foods are actually available everywhere but it is not called Italian anymore. Every food in Italy have its own version in different countries. We have spaghetti pasta in the Philippines but we don’t call it Italian for the fact that it is no longer the Italian version of spaghetti. Spaghetti in the Philippines is sweet in taste because spaghetti here is more eaten by kids.

Well my favorite Italian dish is actually pasta. Everything that is pasta I guess. From pesto, to carbonara or may it be oil based, red sauce, white sauce. Spaghetti, angel’s hair, fettuccine, lasagna, penne, macaroni and so on. I guess I am really a pasta person, even though I haven’t tasted an authentic Italian pasta will try that once I get to visit Italy hopefully in the near future.

I love, love, love pizzas with any and every topping. What I really enjoy is a pizza restaurant where the customers can see the chefs tossing the rounds of dough until they are the right size. I tried it once but failed. So, no, that’s not me in the photo.

Have you ever tossed your own pizza dough?

pizzatoss

I would like to try truffles. This pungent, elusive fungus is one of the most expensive and coveted foods in the world and Italy is one of the few countries where they can be found in abundance. Truffles in Italy come in two forms, the rare and more aromatic white truffle, or the slightly less aromatic and slightly more common black truffle.

I would like to try Gnocchi in Italy. It is probably my favorite Italian dish and not that easy to find in the US. Not every place has Gnocchi and it is not sold in that many stores either. I would love to try the Italian version in Italy.

I think pasta and pizza are the popular food in Italy. They are well known for this delicious food, and even I’m not from Italy, I’m still enjoying this food.

Living in a country where only Pizza is the most affordable Italian food, I don’t have any choice but to say Pizza is my favorite Italian food as of the moment. We actually have restaurants here who serve Pasta and other Italian foods but I can’t afford them all the time. Hopefully I’ll be able to find a job after graduation so that I’ll be able to eat all of the Italian foods that are available in my country.

I also want to try Torrone. It’s a creamy, sticky, nougat-like candy made with honey, egg whites, toasted nuts, and citrus zest, sold in thick slabs at cafes and sweet shops across Italy. Normally, they say that nothing beats the original, but one modern variation comes dipped in chocolate.

Many dishes that originated in Italy have been popularized throughout the world, and a lot of people actually forget that they have Italian origins to begin with.

For example, pizza is incredibly common throughout the world and comes in many different variations. However, if you want a taste of original Italian pizza, you have to try Pizza Margherita. With original Italian pizza, it’s all about the sauce and the cheese. No crazy toppings or crust. Just a regular thin crust covered in the finest quality sauce and cheese.

It might sound boring to those with a more adventurous palette, but the appeal is in the simplicity.

Though a slab of flat bread served with oil and spices was around long before the unification Italy, there’s perhaps no dish that is as common or as representative of the country as the humble pizza. Easy, cheap, and filling, pizza has long been a common snack or meal, especially in Naples where tomato sauce was first added. When the Italian Queen Margherita came through the bustling city on a tour of her kingdom in 1889 she asked to try this dish that she saw so many of her subjects eating.

In Italy, a huge number of different soups based on legumes, vegetables, potatoes, pasta or rice are popular. Onions, legumes, carrots, tomatoes, and celery are among the ingredients that are invariably present in all sorts of minestrone. This dish is usually served as the first course or as an alternative to risotto or pasta. It is very nourishing.

DOn’t forget Pasta Fag eoli which is the soup that has beans and macaroni. I am assuming it is as popular in Italy as it is here in the United States. Minnestrone and Italian Wedding soups are also widely served here and I assume in Italy as well.

You can just leave out Nonna Betta, when talking about food in Italy. While you can find them steamed, stewed or thrown onto a pizza, one of their most satisfying treatments originated in Rome’s Jewish Ghetto, where they come fried to a lighter-than-air crisp.