Italy - 2018 World Cup Qualifiers

For those of you that love calcio, 2018 World Cup Qualifiers have reached the final stages with only 2 matches left to play in the coming days.

Italy’s group G is pretty much decided and hardly there will be any surprises, with Spain qualifying directly and Italy advancing to the second stage, the play-offs.

The group consists of six teams: Spain, Italy, Albania, Israel, Macedonia, and Liechtenstein.

Current standing after 8 games:
1 Spain - 22
2 Italy - 19
3 Albania - 13
4 Israel - 9
5 Macedonia - 7
6 Liechtenstein - 0

Spain is pretty much guaranteed to win the group and qualify directly to the World Cup, unless they stumble in both of the last 2 matches and Italy manages to take advantage of it, but that has very low chances. There’s also the mathematical possibility of Albania getting to 2nd place if Italy loses both of the last 2 matches, but that has even lower chances.

Italy’s last 2 matches are:

• home against Macedonia on Stadio Olimpico (Turin) on 6th October - on RAI 1 from 20:45
  • away against Albania on Loro Borici Stadium (Shkoder) on 9th October - on RAI 1 from 20:45

Italy will more than likely advance to the play-offs, where they will meet another team that placed 2nd in their group in a home-and-away tie to determine the team that will finally qualify to 2018 World Cup Russia.

Squadra Azzurra just launched the new #FIGC logo that will appear on the team’s jersey for the World Cup.

The match from last night against Macedonia ended in a 1-1 draw. Still a match left to play in the groups, but Italy already won 2nd place in the group and also secured a spot for the World Cup playoffs.

We will find out Italy’s opponent for the playoffs on 17 October, when the draw will be held in Zurich, starting at 14:00CET.

Italy vs Macedonia 1-1 — Highlights & All Goals — 06/10/2017

If Italy qualifies for the World Cup it would be there 14th consecutive trip, having never missed this historic soccer event since 1958. Italy ran good this year with Belgium’s awesome victory over Bosnia-Herzegovina. Has anyone ever seen Italy play live before? What was the match?

Italy won 1-0 yesterday night in Albania and secured its place in the playoffs.

Albania vs Italy 0-1 — Highlights & All Goals — 09/10/2017

Possible adversaries for Italy in the playoffs are known now: Northern Ireland, Sweden, Republic of Ireland, Greece

I wouldn’t want Ibrahimovic and his Sweden team as they are though to beat even when they have a bad day.

I guess Italy will do it again and qualify for the World Cup as they always do. It`s hard to imagine the World Cup without Italy, to be honest.

True that. Italy only missed the 1930 and 1958 World Cup editions.

With a presence of 18 out of the 20 tournaments, it’s the second most frequent along with Germany, reaching six finals, a third place and a fourth place plus having won four titles (1934, 1938, 1982, 2006), just one fewer than Brazil.

Italy`s track record is really awesome for sure, although I doubt they will actually win in 2018. My money is either on Germany or Brazil.

Germany and Brazil have the best odds according to bookmakers to win the 2018 World Cup.

Odds to win 2018 World Cup:

1. Germany 5-1
  2. France 5-1
  3. Brazil 6-1
  4. Spain 7-1
  5. Argentina 8-1
  6. Belgium 10-1
  7. Italy 15-1
  8. England 20-1
  9. Portugal 20-1
  10. Colombia 25-1
  11. Russia 30-1
  12. Uruguay 30-1
  13. Croatia 40-1
  14. Mexico 50-1
  15. Poland 60-1
  16. Switzerland 80-1
  17. Serbia 100-1

Italy is only at 7th place in terms of odds. I personally see France and Argentina as favorites. Messi is 30 years old already, so this could possible be his last chance to win one of the two trophies missing from his CV (the other one is Copa America).

I would love to see Messi and Argentina getting the title. I also wonder why France is rated so high, even higher then Brazil.

Look at their team: Mbappe (PSG), Pogba (Man UTD), Dembélé (FC Barcelona), Griezmann (At Madrid), Kingsley Coman (Bayern Munich), Lacazette (Arsenal), Lemar (AS Monaco) just to name a few.

They played well lately even though the average age of the France team is only 22-and-a-half years old. They will dominate the world football for the next 8 years with this generation. That means for the next 3 World Cups they will have no issue to line up a fantastic team. How well and effective they will play together it’s another story.

Also, France is the most expensive national team ever as Les Bleus are valued at £1billion ($1.328billion or €1.123billion). Crazy!

Gazzetta dello Sport rates England as the second most valuable national team at £860m with Dele Alli rated at £161m and Harry Kane given the price of £155m. That is more than Brazil at £767m even though Neymar cost £199m.

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/france-now-most-expensive-national-11116090

The 2018 World Cup playoffs draw results are in and it seems Italy will have to play against Sweden in a home-and-away tie to determine the team that will finally qualify to 2018 World Cup Russia.

Sweden v Italy
Northern Ireland v Switzerland
Croatia v Greece
Denmark v Republic of Ireland

First legs will be played on 9 - 11 November, and the second legs will be played on 12 - 14 November.

I believe Italy will win their matches against Sweden. Italy has good chances of wining in terms of experienced players.
They have never missed a chance of qualifying for the world cup and I don’t think they will miss this time.

I hope so as well. Sweden scored 26 goals in a difficult group (Italy scored 21 goals in the group) and also beaten France earlier this year. Hardest possible adversary Italy could have drawn, that’s for sure.

First leg: Sweden v Italy, Friday 10 November, 19:45 GMT
Second leg: Italy v Sweden, Monday 13 November, 19:45 GMT

Italy is in a tricky position. Sweden has been doing really well lately (they knocked out Netherlands). Italy will have to play really well to beat this Swedish side.

I have a feeling Sweden may just snick through. But, let’s wait and see.

Sweden was the toughest adversary Italy could have get in the playoffs.

We will see on Friday how the first match goes.

I completely agree with you. Other teams in the playoffs are pretty average (except for Switzerland maybe). Italy definitely got the toughest opponent.

Italy never missed a world cup in my lifetime. It will be shocking if they don’t make it.

Sweden won 1-0 at home against Italy on Friday in the first leg. This just made things a lot harder in the second leg match.

Sweden vs Italy 1-0 - Highlights & Goals - World Cup Qualifiers ( 10/11/2017)

Hopefully Italy will be able to turn this around on Giuseppe Meazza on Monday.

Unfortunately, Italy is still playing goalless draw with Sweden. I wish the table turn around soon. What do you think peeps, can any Miracle happen before the end of the match?