Introduce Yourself

Please introduce yourself and share what makes you an Italophile.

My name is Antonio and I’m a second generation Italian American. My parents moved to the United States for my father’s job and they stayed on after I was born. We all hold dual citizenship, but my parents would have gladly remained in Italy forever had it not been for work. They frequently talk about moving back home when dad retires. We head to Italy every other summer because my grandparents still live in Venice. Needless to say, I grew up with an appreciation of the Italian culture and traditions.

I have been a really big fan of Italy since I was a child. We explored the country in school and I was enamored right away. The beautiful landscape, many historic places, and sites, as well as the friendliness of the people just took my breath. Can’t wait to go back.

I’m Postergirl and I have been wanting to go to Italy my whole adult life! My husband and I are finally planning to go in the next year or two. Work constraints are our major failure to be able to plan a trip this year. I am learning so much about the country of my interest from this forum. Thanks for all the information and interaction! See everyone on the forum!

Hi everyone. I am new here. Name is Chris. I started getting into Italian culture about 2 years ago when I first met my lovely fiance. She is Italian. She lost contact with much of her family so I am hoping to help her get reconnected. She was born in the US but much of her family is in Italy. We are planning a trip there in the Spring. I can’t wait!

That is really sweet, crush3r! I hope it happens and that you both have a blast.

I’m Sabine and I’m planning a family vacation to Italy. We haven’t finalized everything just yet, but we’re getting there. I’d love to see the Pope, but realize that will never happen. There’s plenty to more to see and do!

Hey, I’m Danielle. I have a bad case of wanderlust and as a Catholic, Italy is definitely a place I want to visit. I hope I learn a lot here.

Childhood fan of Italy. Finally got to travel there for the first time 3 years ago, and have gone every year since (3 in total so).

Glad to be a part of the forums!

My name is Diamondjess. Also known as Jessica Brown.

What makes me an Italophile is both my heritage on my Mothers side, and the fact that culturally, I love Italy. I love the history. I lvoe the art, and how on an international stage it’s been relevant since ancient times. How the Romans owned Europe, and then the City States controlled trade. And now it dominates the EU.

There’s just something about it that is both amazing, and mesmerizing. I love being an American citizen, don’t get me wrong. but I love what Italy is, and was, and continues to be even in spite of it’s black spots, and current issues.

It’s nice to meet you, Jessica. I agree with a lot of what you said especially an American myself. Italy is such an interesting nation with its interesting ancient history and vibrant modern culture.

I love Italy - whence the username. I have been once but didn’t get to stay long enough to enjoy all that Italy has to offer. I am already planning my next trip going solely to Italy this time. I plan to spend more time checking out the many historical, artistic, and famous sites there.

I’m Ryan and being a Chef, I love all types of food especially Italian food! I really want to go to Italy some day to try the real stuff! I’m looking very much forward to that and to see what else Italy has to offer.

Hi everyone. I recently started traveling outside of Canada for the first time. I went to the UK earlier this year and I went to American last year. I am going to be going to Italy next month so I thought joining here would be good for me. I can ask some questions and learns some things.

Hello! I am Erin! I am 24 years old and still in college. I plan to graduate next December. I’m so excited, too! I found this site on Forum Promotion and wanted to join myself. :smile:

Hi! I’m Adele and new to this forum. I look forward to learning everything you can teach me about Italy. It looks to be very informative and I can’t wait to get started! Thank you for the welcome and see you in the forum!

Drew Sazin here. I am planning a trip to Italy during January when I have some downtime from college. I just trying to find out how to enjoy my stay in Italy.

Hi there! My name is Nikki and I am from England. I have a boyfriend who is half Italian and I have always been interested in Italy. I had a friend who visited a few years back and she absolutely loved the place.

Really looking forward to posting here and learning new things about Italy!

I’m Lucy and new to this forum. It looks easy to maneuver and the people seem really nice! I look forward to speaking with you all soon!

Hello, everyone! I’m Aida and this is my first visit to this forum. As you probably can tell, my first name is Italian because my mother was part Italian. I’m very interested in going to Italy and seeing if I can find some of my relatives. See you all around.

Hello, everyone! So happy to join this forum. I’ve been intrigued all things Italian since I discovered my first name is Italian. As far as I know, there’s no one of an Italian background in my family. My mom just reads too much Shakespeare. :smile:

Hello, all you Italiophiles! I am so happy to be here if not in Italy, the closest thing to it! I am starting to plan a trip to Italy and I need information and assistance. After all, I don’t want to look like an idiot when I get there. Thanks in advance for all your help!