Christmas markets in Italy

Have you ever visited Italy in winter?
Or November / December, to be more precise.

Italians are known for organizing many, many Christmas markets. Starting with November, they are all over the place! In the big cities, small surrounding towns, at the mountains or at the seaside. Anywhere you go, there has to be a Italian Christmas market!

Have you ever noticed it? Italians really love the winter Holidays and are not afraid to show it :slight_smile:

Christmas Markets are a German “custom”, so the most traditional and “authentic” Christmas Markets in Italy are those located in the German-speaking corner of the country, South Tyrol

There are Five Official South-Tyroler Christmas Markets which are located in five towns: Bolzano, Merano, Bressanone, Brunico, Vipiteno.
I’ve done a “collage” of said towns just few days ago!

If you’re interested in learning more about these markets, check here http://bit.ly/2krcq4h

I actually had no idea Christmas markets were a German thing :slight_smile: I thought they were everywhere ‘by default’.

I’ve never been to South Tyrol before, but I think it would be an interesting trip! I did go to Taneto though, where they host the biggest Santa’s Village in Italy (located inside, at least). It’s a beautiful experience, it’s like you’re in a different world. Santa’s world! :slight_smile: